Cairns Event Calendar
MovemberWe're making change for men's health in Cairns. Give us a hand.
Wed Nov 1st
Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthEach year in Australia Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held in February to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer
Thu Feb 1st 2024
Total Results = 2
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Cairns event simply Login
Events in and around Cairns
Welcome to Cairns, one of the most picturesque regions of Queensland, Australia. There are several fun and exciting seasonal activities happening all year round. Here are some of the seasonal events that you can explore in and around the region of Cairns.
- Cairns Ukulele Festival: Cairns Ukulele Festival is a celebration of music, art, and culture. This festival gathers famous bands and artists from around the world as well as local artists performing in the heart of Cairns. It is a unique experience that you can't miss during the summer season.
- Cairns Indigenous Art Fair: The Cairns Indigenous Art Fair takes place annually in Cairns and is a fantastic opportunity to enjoy the richness of Indigenous art and culture in North Queensland. This fair showcases the works of distinguished Indigenous artists from all around Australia.
- Cairns Festival: Cairns Festival is a six-day festival that presents a range of cultural experiences in the Tropical Far North Queensland region, including music, film, theatre, dance and circus. It is a family-friendly event that brings joy to people of all ages.
- Cairns Winter Racing Carnival: Winter in Cairns offers the perfect opportunity to hit the racetrack as part of the Cairns Winter Racing Carnival. This event spans over a few weeks and showcases the best of horse racing and fashion in the region.
- Cairns Airport Adventure Festival: This festival brings together adventurous people from around the world who enjoy sports like mountain biking, triathlon, beach volleyball, and other outdoor activities. Come and test your limits while surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
- Cairns Amateurs Racing Carnival: The Cairns Amateurs Racing Carnival is a well-known event in Australia, attracting visitors from all parts of the country. Cairns Amateurs is a two-day horse racing carnival where the horses compete in many different races.
- Cairns Tropical Writers Festival: This festival is for literature lovers who want to discover new stories, meet famous writers and attend book readings. Cairns Tropical Writers Festival presents a diverse program of literary events for writers and readers who want to explore new literary horizons.
These are just a few of the many seasonal events happening in and around Cairns, Queensland. There are many other exciting activities that you can do in Cairns that include diving, snorkelling, and visiting the Great Barrier Reef. You can also take scenic tours, try local cuisine, and explore the beauty of the tropical North Queensland region.
If you need more information about the events mentioned above, you can contact the Cairns Visitor Centre, which can assist you with planning your trip to Cairns.
Cairns Visitor Centre
51 The Esplanade, Cairns QLD 4870, Australia
Phone: +61 7 4031 8117
We hope you enjoy your trip to Cairns and the surrounding areas.